Sunday, February 3, 2013

Here We Go!

I love this.

The rumble of the van beneath by body is comforting as we journey along. Uncountable pines fly past the rain-streaked windows. A dreary, grey sky welcomes us forward. The deepest kind of fog comes and goes now and then. As eager as I become with each glowing green sign that passes by, I'm growing fond of the simple adventure of the present.

Is there a secret to the way I see the world? Is it strange to find a browning field a vast expanse of beauty? Why is it that I linger longer in the rain while others would rather protect their hair? Am I stuck in an unrealistic world...

or have I truly tasted reality?

I'm probably the only one in this bumpy vehicle that's pondering something like this. Oh well. I'll just sit here and smile to myself like a goof.

I don't know what to expect; I've never been where we are heading. A nervousness resides in the depths of my abdomen, edging on the side of nausea. But the thrill of the unknown keeps a bright and cheerful smile playing across my lips.

The idea of being squashed into a van full of 11 other people sounds disastrous. But no, its a little bit wonderful. I'm surrounded by incredible people. These are dear friends who have become family.

We share little snacks and sips of coffee. We play electronic games and borrow one another's books. We express dreams. We discover new ideas. You'd think we would get tired of each other, yet many hugs continue to be given and received. And the longer we ride together, the more my happy levels seem to increase.

4 hours have passed.

3 more to go.

Here we come Seattle, I can't wait to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment