Monday, May 7, 2012

Once Upon A Time...

Once upon a time...

   these four words so easily fit into the beginning of a story. Whether that be a love story, an adventure or a fairy tale, it has just always seemed to fit. Some of the best stories though, seem to include an introduction that exempts such a cliche of an opening sentence. Words that grab your attention like an iron fist, questions that eradicate mundane notions and sometimes a phrase that sucks you into a deep, dark hole of undiscovered occurrences.
     Regardless of the shape, form or conduct, the first sentence makes or breaks the deciding factor between going forth through the door or staying comfortably on this side of the world.

  I have read many stories in my life. Since my mind was barely developed to understand simple words and conjunctions, I've mulled my imagination through countless books, letters, poems, articles, papers, blogs and the such. All of these have an introduction. Each and every story starts somewhere.

  My favorite?

             In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment