Friday, June 24, 2011

An Idea

I have an idea.

Sitting here in the middle of my bedroom, the carpet a little on the scratchy side, I have been thinking. My face has been burned from the sun - probably because I continue to pursue a tan- and this has left me worn out and quite sleepy after a long day.

I'm calm. I'm mellow. I'm tired.

It is in moments such as this, when I allow my mind to 'do it's thing'. It wanders. My mind escapes the continual rhythm of day to day life. It begins to search and explore possibilities, notions, dreams, and above everything else my brain easily manufactures ideas.

But it is when I allow my brain to break further than just wandering, when these ideas are distributed throughout the realistic part of me. And that is when I begin to figure out a way to make these 'ideas'  come to life.

No, I don't want to disclose exactly what my idea is. But, I thought I'd take the first step by revealing the simple statement - "I have an idea."

I'm sure I'll explain further. For now, I think I am going to go to sleep.

My challenge to you: Don't hinder your mind from wandering. Let it loose for a little while, and maybe you'll even allow an idea to be planted. Then, go to sleep and set your ideas loose to morph into a dream. When you wake up, you just might find yourself with a vision or a goal. And the best part is, it's all your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment