Friday, January 11, 2013

A Stranger's Story - Day 5


   I've seen you before.

Multiple times, actually.

I've seen you working, making coffee and greeting customers. You've helped me before. You even asked me how my day was going.

You're nice.

As many times as I have seen you, I've disregarded the idea of introducing myself. Why? Because I feel like the appropriate moment passed so long ago. I know it's probably all in my head... but, nonetheless, I continued to pretend like I've never seen you before.

But finally! The moment came.

I'm  not a creep, I swear it. I'm just observant. I remember people pretty easily. But what is worse... I even know your name. I know a few of your friends. I've heard people talk about you - good things, don't worry.

I was attempting to do some homework. Haha, yea, attempting would be the key word. Instead, I found myself lost in the world of a fellow blogger, lusting over home decor.

For some reason I decided to look up. You were with someone I knew, so I guess it made it less awkward for us both. Luckily, I didn't introduce myself out of the blue like I had imagined in my head. He just took the moment to introduce us both.

I could have just acted like this was the first time I've ever seen you. I could have acted as though I never heard your name before.

      But I decided to be honest with you.

I bashfully admitted that I've known of you. I told you of the embarrassingly long time it's taken for me to work up the courage to just say "Hi, my name is Taylor"

            Well, the good thing is... you felt the same exact way! Oh! What a relief it was to know that i wasn't alone in my silence. And to think, that all this time, you recognized my face and knew my name.

It was a pleasure to meet you, sir. You have a very awesome laugh - it's deep and full.

You seem like you have some big dreams. Big things you want to do with your life. And you seem like you love God a lot. But what do I know?

I know you now.

  Well, I guess this is a good thing.

             Because, now when I see you at the counter, I can say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment