Saturday, July 23, 2011

Inside the Sea

(Scroll all the way down for the Picture and Writing Piece!!)


Hello (:

Let me begin tonight with some pretty awesome news. It is actually one of those things that I think is really awesome, but you might think that it isnt that awesome. Oh well, I am still going to share (:

So here's the deal. Today we had a group of AWESOME dancers from Groove Nation Dance Academy in Vancouver Washington here with out youth group. Probably thee best group of people I've ever hung around. Not only were they freaking amazing dancers, but they were just the kind of people you want to hang out with for the rest of your life!

They taught a dance workshop today, which I attended of course. They did a contemporary and hip hop workshop, and they were pretty darn fun! So, anyways, to get on with the best part. I stuck around for a few hours after the workshops were done to watch the dance team practice. I ended up meandering over to the next room where one of the girls from the team was dancing by herself. I just kinda randomly popped my head in and asked if I could stick around to watch. Yea, I probably made her feel awkward. Oh well. Anyways, she kept dancing while I sat and watched for maybe a minute and then she came over and decided to just talk to me. Ahhh, she is the coolest person ever!

First, her name is Saleah. She is like, the asian, short haired version of me (: Its pretty crazy how much we have in common. But I have to say one of my favorite things we got to talking about was writing. She is a writer, just like me!

Ha, she said when she first saw me, she thought I was stuck up and didnt like her. As if! I thought it was funny.

So, you're probably like, "why on earth are you blabbing about this?" Well, I'm just pretty happy I got to meet such a rad person who just so happens to be a writer. And a dancer. And she loves food. Duh, of course I'm going to blab about her.

On with the picture!!

Photo of the day #6

Photo: Swirling school of blackfin barracuda

The sea, the sea, it calls to me.
The depth, the blue, it beckons.
Wrapped by curiosity
Its dangerous, I reckon

Behold such a wonder
Gazing into darkness
Raging, wild, hunger
Infinitely ageless

A rolling, liquid night
Casting fluid shadows
Cresting in white light
Living, flowing meadows

Inviting, luring, pulling
Begging me to come
A fire's always burning
In and out my lungs

Each crash of every wave
Echoing an offer
The water's what I crave
A longing, deep desire

Come in, she softly whispers
Flowing through my veins
The water slowly enters
And I'll never be the same

Drawn in with no return
The place I long to be
An everlasting yearn
To be one, inside the sea

No comments:

Post a Comment